Medical Oncology & Hematology
Medical Oncology is a division of healthcare that deals with chemotherapeutic medication instead of surgery and radiation – for cancer patients.
Nanjappa’s Medical Oncology & Hematology Department endeavours to bring the latest technology in medical oncology services, to the Malnad region.This includes the preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic needs of patients, as well as, supportive care.
6000 Chemotherapy services, Over 1000 major cancer surgeries, 600 Radiation oncology services, 100 Brachytherapy services
Services offered at the Department of Medical Oncology & Hematology include:
- Targeted therapy
- Hormonal therapy
- Palliative care
- Metronomic chemotherapy
Nanjappa’s Tertiary Care facility is set up to treat all types of solid malignancies, including:
- Lungs, breasts, liver, kidney, brain, bones, head and neck cancer
- Colorectal and other gastrointestinal cancer
- Genitourinary and gynecologic malignancies
- Hematological cancers like: Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, Acute and Chronic Myeloid Leukemia, Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, and all other types of Blood Cancer
The Tertiary Cancer Care Unit consists of an experienced, Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT). This team of specialists includes:
- Medical oncologists
- Surgical oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Plastic surgeons
- Palliative and Pain Management Team
State-of-the-art equipment used by our radiologists, include:
- CT Scan
Surgical Oncology at Nanjappa Health care employs conservative methods of treatment, giving importance to organ preservation, patient care and quality of life.
With our team of well-established surgical oncologists, cosmesis and rehabilitation are conducted without any compromise to oncological safety.
We have specialised facilities to treat:
- Head& Neck Cancers (Including Oral Cavity)
- Thoracic Surgery (Uniportal Lung Cancer, VATS Esophageal)
- Gastrointestinal (HPB, Gastric)
- Breast Cancer (BCT, Oncoplasty, SLNB)
- Gynecological Cancer Surgery (Including Endometrium Ovary Cytoreduction, Cervical Cancers, Fertility Preserving Surgeries)